Thursday, May 13, 2010

Planning Michelle's Wedding - Chapter 1 - Date & Venue


After the ring, the two most common questions are "When do we get married?", and "Where do we get married?". Now of course, the wedding planner in me says, "Let's pick the date after we find the place", because I am saddened when one of my brides can't have the venue she has her heart set on. However, as a bride myself (a few moons ago), I started with the date because that's what I wanted, and when you are the bride what you want is what you get....or at least that is what we strive for!

When Michelle called and asked to meet with me, she actually already had both of these questions answered. Michelle is getting married in October, which just happens to be one of THE MOST POPULAR months for a wedding in the DFW area (note to future or the newly engaged... plan ahead if October is the month of your dreams). Michelle also had the venue, Austin Ranch in The Colony. A great find, and easy on the budget as well. The grounds are lovely and the space will beautifully accommodate an outside ceremony and an inside-outside reception.

A great start to the wedding vision - the perfect month, and the perfect setting for a rustic yet chic setting for City girl meets Country boy.

Stay tuned for our next topic: Chapter 2- The Wedding Budget

No comments: